What is facilitation?
- leveraging transformation processes that are meaningfully designed and successfully executed incorporating diverse perspectives
- exploiting the knowledge and power of the entire group or all actors in the system
- respecting the freedom and autonomy of the participants, synthesizing their goals and abilities with the goals and potentials of the organization
- initiating concrete steps and projects in a solution-oriented way
- enabling active participation of people in meetings, workshops, conferences and transformation processes
How does facilitation work best?
- holding the greatest possible variety of perspectives and knowledge backgrounds
- feeling the same urgency for the topic at hand
- actively shaping sustainable change in areas that actually affect them
With a pilot group
- consisting of people from diverse positions in the organizations
- developing success-criteria and framework conditions
- enabling wiser process decisions through multiple perspectives
Questions for the work and composition of a pilot group:
- Who needs to talk to whom about what?
- Who has the power and means to get things moving?
- Who is affected by the effects of transformation?
With the whole organization
“Community-building first, decision-making second” – Comprehensive changes in real time through inspiring ways of working and intelligent participation processes for large and small groups:
- Circle Way – “A Leader in every chair!” A method that creates true community and empowers people to take responsibility for the common cause
- Open Space – engaging in meaningful dialogues in large groups and reach achievable and tangible results through a high degree of self-organization
- Appreciative Inquiry – employing an appreciative leadership philosophy and method to find out what is already working best and what needs to be done to get more out of it
- Dynamic Facilitation – reaching new perspectives in the face of seemingly unsolvable problems and dilemmas with a group
- Future Search – shaping the future, using a complex method of organizational development with all key people for a topic
- World Café – making meaningful dialogues possible in a pleasant atmosphere through a clear and structured approach to yield tangible results
- Liberating Structures – leveraging a wide range of innovative methods to make working in groups easier and more dynamic in an appreciative way